Monday, May 3, 2010

Project Couch...

So now with our lives slowly getting back into place, the crafts and other fun projects are coming out of hiding and back into focus for hubby and I. The first project that we have been wanting to try out for years is indoor furniture used as outdoor patio furniture. My husband and I love color. We always discuss how to get our house looking like we feel inside without making our house look crazy/tacky so we just don't do it. So we've been on the hunt for a couch that we can paint and test out. The issue has always been, where and how do we get the couch since we don't have a truck. Well last week my parents finally got a new couch. Their current couch had been in my moms side of the family for decades. She would have it covered every 10 years and restuff the cushions, lol. I convinced her it was time to say goodbye. We ended up getting the couch yesterday and now as its sitting in my garage waiting to be primed and painted I'm kind of feeling sick about it. I suppose I too am attached to this damn couch. It's just always been in my life. However, it's just a couch right? They have a new one right? They were taking it to the dump right? Okay I feel better, we will paint the couch.

So here is our inspiration:



Can Ed make it look like this? Yes! Will it stay looking beautiful outside? Not sure!

Here is the couch. Wish us luck! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment