Sunday, May 9, 2010

Music!!!

I think Josie is as into music now as I am, I know Jared loves it, but that has been obvious to us for years, he plays trumpet, tuba, acoustic and electric guitar and can quickly figure out a song off the radio within a short period of time. This is one of those things that warms me from the inside. I adore music, a good song can change your whole day. I always think about what song would give the best feel for the moment like I'm in a movie or something. We listen to music pretty much all day either on the computer, in the car or on the stereo at home. We haven't done a lot of children's music, its so plain and generic to us and honestly I'm not up for listening to Winnie the Pooh soundtracks (no offense). Of course we sing the classics like Twinkle, Twinkle and ABC's, but even as a baby it was Norah Jones that put Josie to sleep every time by track 3. Her nighttime music has changed to Jewel's Lullaby album, there is no exceptions for this one. It's so good, its almost hypnotizing and very soothing.

Anyways, I've been digging the names that Josie has given to her favorite songs. These are her daily requests. Some of my favorites too might I add. Once you hear the songs you can easily see why she calls them what she does, I think what gets me though is that fact that she's asking to hear them. :)

The Aha Song - Why Do You Let Me Stay Here by She & Him
The Shock You Song - Electric Feel by MGMT
The Strawberry Song - Bruises by Chairlift
Ahhwoo - She Wolf by Shakira
Birdie Song - Three Little Birds by Bob Marley

Oh gosh, I almost forgot the best part, I got an early birthday/mother's day gift today from my hubby, an Ipod. We've had some fun with that today!

No comments:

Post a Comment