Wednesday, May 5, 2010

It's the memories not the photos right?


Josie and I went with some of our favorite friends today to see Seasame Street Live. Some of the other kids in our party won a coloring contest so we all got to meet before the show for a Meet & Greet. We didn't know which characters would be coming to see us until they came out. I know for the kids its a big deal to see these guys in person, but even I was taken back. It's probably because I grew up with Seasame Street as well so I suppose its still a part of me. So out walked Abbie Cadabbie & Cookie Monster, pretty darn cool! The kids got their photos taken with them if they wanted to. Josie was not up for it, I think it was a little much for her. We got a group shot that did not turn out very well, hence the title of this post and you can see from the photo that Josie wasn't getting any closer then she had to, infact a friend dragged her over last minute to make it in the photo.

After Abbie & Cookie left we headed to our seats. While walking to our seats we see all merchandise. For me, I could easily walk away from pretty much everything accept the Elmo wand that spins and lights up. I wanted Josie to have a momento from the show and this was lots of fun, it was also something to threaten with later if she wouldn't stay in her seat (MWAH HA HA).


The show begins and I realize I am WAY to excited for this show. I loved everything from the backdrops to the lighting and I especially appreciated the authenticity of the characters voices and costumes. I can be a bit of a snob for stuff like that. They did some really neat stuff with black backdrops and neon painted puppets, I would post a photo, but they turned out completely black. Anways, it kept making me think of Ke$ha's appearance on SNL a few weeks back, I wonder who stole it from who? (ha ha ha)

So the most important part was how Josie like the show right? She loved it! Towards the end of the show they sang Hot, Hot, Hot and boy did she shake her hips. I see belly dancing in her future for sure. She was on her best behavior too. We would definitely go again infact I'm tempted to go to one of the shows up north too. I highly recommend going! We have a very fun day and as always, when you are in good company anything is fun! We are so lucky to have the friends we do!

1 comment:

  1. It is the memories, not he photos for sure!

    We had a great time :) Sesame Street does such an amazing job I think!

    ReplyDelete