Sunday, August 22, 2010

Out & About...

We had a great day checking out some things we've wanted to visit for a while now. We started with lunch at the Black Diamond Bakery. Homemade it is and yes it was yummy. I had the Gobbler, their version of a turkey & cranberry sandwich, which I'll point out was as big as my head. It is the only thing I will eat with sprouts, just in case you were wondering. :)



After lunch we checked out the giant table and chairs.





Then the antique store next door, that I just feel in love with. Next time I will visit without the short one (Josie), she is just too busy to relax in there and I wasn't up for purchasing anything that she might have broken so our visit was short, but definitely something to come back too. I thought of at least 5 friends that I could shop for in there, are you one of them? LOL!


Up next we were going to head to Mud Mt. Dam, but decided last minute to go to Flaming Geyser State Park instead.


Saw some wild turkeys on the way in.


It was gorgeous and very quiet. Again and again we kept saying how empty the park was because of the shifty weather, more room for us though I suppose. We went straight for the geyser and were saddened to hear that within the last week the geyser has been flooded with water and the park rangers aren't quite sure why. It was more of a gurgle gurgle then a geyser.
So we headed for the trails and went on a very steep hike. Why do I insist on wearing flip flops everywhere I go? One day I will learn.






I just kept stopping and looking around at how green the woods were. We stopped at the bubbling geyser which was doing just about the same thing as the flaming geyser... nothing! We crossed a couple creeks and got are feet wet and did some more exploring.








While heading home we decided to show daddy one of our favorite new parks, Les Gove in Auburn. By this time the batteries in the camera had died so we only got two photos, but we love this park and it's funky play equipment. The highlight of the day was definitely getting outside in the crisp clean air.


No comments:

Post a Comment