Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Pretty much my favorite dinner.

So after being inspired by last night's dinner at Masa in Tacoma with my lady friends, I needed Mexican food again tonight. My absolute favorite thing to make is salsa (and cupcakes), it's easy like Sunday morning. The recipe is from my parents with slight modifications to fit my needs. So it's my opinion that if you are going to eat salsa then you need to make it. Store bought is typically nasty, watery and full of preservatives, I'm just saying. This recipe is very special to me (not sure why) so if you make this for someone else you need to tell them this is Yvonne's salsa, ha ha! I'm half joking ;)

Depending on how much you want to make you will obviously modify, I recommend starting with less and add to taste.

I prefer Roma tomatoes, 6-7 of them.
1 whole bunch of cilantro (a smaller sized bunch)
1 half white onion (it's worth the tears)
1/2 - 1 whole jalapeno (remove the seeds and core if you are a chicken)
1/2 lime (add as much pulp as you can)
1/2 cup of white vinegar to start, I probably ended up with 1 cup total, we like the juice it makes at the bottom of the bowl. (insert slurping sound here)
Salt & pepa to taste

Wash em, chop em & get eating.






Yes, I have a pink knife, that's how I roll!



Feeling so inspired that the salsa came out perfect and didn't need anything added to it, I decided to make each of us a dang quesa-dilluh. I didn't want to pull out the grill and luckily I remembered how one of my favorite people, Shawn used to make us fried tortillas and margaritas while we "worked" in the garage. So frying it was and it was awesome.





No comments:

Post a Comment