Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Raking Sand

My Mom got Ed a water fountain/zen sand garden for Christmas and I felt the urge to pull it out of the box the other day and rake sand. It's a silly thing, but it really is relaxing. I was so tempted to call Josie over to check it out and see what she thought. I hesitated and then caved in. I love showing her new things even if they aren't age appropriate, Playdoh and finger painting at 12 months for example. I don't mind cleaning up her messes when it's something like that though because watching her little mind wrap around something new is so cool.

So I pulled the chair over to the counter and called her over. Of course within minutes (okay seconds) sand was everywhere. She was really enjoying it so I pulled out my big bowl of sand that I got in Hawaii that has seashells and glass stones and we raked away. It worked out much better in a larger space. I explained that we need to rake slow and gentle and she did a really good job.

No comments:

Post a Comment